- Develop and maintain knowledge of specific category, region or function including market dynamics and product life cycles.
- Lead category, region or function team(s) to determine the appropriate approach to market, the optimum commercial models and supplier relationships for a product/service or element of a category.
- Develop procurement plans appropriate to specific product and services to deliver maximum commercial advantage to include selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product and or service.
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services within role, including loading information onto appropriate systems.
- Manage the supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and “In Contract” supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realised.
- To take personal ownership for utilisation of contracts, ensuring order channel strategy enables internal business partners to order items efficiently and contracts reflect customer requirements for their duration.
- May be responsible for managing the time phased delivery plan that brings together the “forecast” and “Inventory policies” to produce a commitment schedule to industry.
- Proven leadership capability and ability drive a high performance culture and motivate at all levels
- Ability to lead and influence at a senior level and in a fast paced, collaborative, matrix environment
- Highly commercial and financially astute
- Excellent communicator and well developed interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Very strong people skills, able to use a broad range of styles as appropriate to the situation.
- Experience of leading complex multi-functional / multi-divisional programmes or initiatives.
- Previous procurement skills desired
- High degree of change orientation
- Previous experience of board level stakeholder management (CEO / CFO level)
- Has the gravitas and ability to influence senior decision makers (CEO / CFO level)
- The ability to test / challenge current thinking and formulate new practices / policies
- The ability to set up and mobilise a multi-functional team in timely manner
For more information on this position please contact Langley Search
You can shortlist or apply for the position using the links in the options column.
*You must register with Langley Search prior to application and upload a copy of your CV with the application.