A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Manager with experience in indirect spend categories such as logistics, IT and travel procurement to join a thriving pharmaceutical business based in North Kent.
This new role has arisen with the aim of managing indirect spend across the group including European sites on a temp to perm basis.
The role involves:
- Sourcing, negotiating and contracting for specified projects to meet business objectives and keeping commercial relationships with suppliers.
- Developing & maintaining effective business relationships with internal customers and understand their needs
- Identifying, analysing and communicating new opportunities within categories and provide project management and commercial expertise for the various spend categories.
The successful candidate will:
- Have working experience of successfully procuring logistics, IT, travel and other indirect services
- Have strong negotiating skills and the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders on all levels
- Have a proven track record of setting and achieving cost reduction targets
- Be able to successfully run an end to end tender process and resolve supply, supplier and contract issues.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of purchasing techniques and a proven structured savings approach.
- Have good knowledge of using and analysing spread sheets
- Ideally be CIPS qualified
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving business and join a strong team. For more information about this fantastic opportunity and if you meet the criteria, please submit your CV without delay and quote ref: 1208-05PRST
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs and provide valued career advice for candidates who seek new jobs.
For more information on this position please contact Langley Search
You can shortlist or apply for the position using the links in the options column.
*You must register with Langley Search prior to application and upload a copy of your CV with the application.