An exciting opportunity has arisen in a global oil and gas company, for a Procurement Manager - IT Applications Development, to join its west London office.
The role involves sitting within the IT Indirect Procurement team with a focus on software. There is a strong focus on going into the business and working with stakeholders to build and build upon established relationships and identify where Indirect Procurement can be of service based around this category area, utilising the established vendor base and driving out maverick spend amongst other things.
Key Accountabilities include:
-Working with the Technology & IT Procurement teams to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies
- The development of sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector / commodity strategies and specific business objectives (both local and global)
- Understands business requirements for IT products and services – particularly Outsourced offshored Application Development and Maintenance Services;
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on Indirect Procurement process and risk management;
The successful candidate:
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies in alignment with the Technology and IT Procurement teams and customer needs
- Leads the development and execution of critical sourcing initiatives, adding value through their breadth of experience, expertise, and established networks.
- Ambassador for Procurement ensuring compliance to Operating Standards and P2P without appearing heavy handed.
- Builds good working relationships across the customer base creating a “pull” for procurement involvement.
- Conditions stakeholders on the benefits of good procurement practice, teaches stakeholders the value of strong documentation.
For more information about this fantastic role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay and quote ref: 1205-45TR.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs and provide valued career advice for candidates who seek new jobs.
You can shortlist or apply for the position using the links in the options column.