Our client, a leading third party logistics organisation in the Midlands, currently requires an experienced Operations Manager. Reporting into the Logistics Manager, you will be an energetic and passionate leader, capable of managing and motivating large teams and working under pressure in a challenging, fast moving technology environment. With a focus on continuous improvement your key responsibilities will include
• Create an environment of continuous improvement to deliver operational and client relation improvements.
• Control areas of activity and planning through your teams, drive and monitor the success and performance of staff.
• Build and maintain strong mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers / customers and colleagues.
• Maintain all aspects of stock integrity and ensure ownership of activities and resolutions.
• Ensure that all activities are managed within quality and budget targets.
• Proactively and effectively communicate with appropriate teams, highlighting all relevant issues, in order to ensure employee engagement.
• Proactively ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an on-going basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health and safety.
Essential Skills –
• Communication and engagement,
• Influencing-Negotiation experience,
• Team working, and People Management,
• Taking Initiative Problem Solving attitude
• Planning, Organising and forecasting
• Warehousing and Distribution,
• Commercial awareness,
• Budgetary knowledge.
Desirable skills –
• Lean experience with a background in technology
• Six Sigma green belt qualified
• Process Mapping, Process Trial, Pull Systems and Layout Design
• Experience of report production in a variety of system templates (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word),
• A formal management qualification in warehousing / Logistics.
• Stock control systems / experience.
• Customer / Supplier Management.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs and provide valued career advice for candidates who seek new jobs.
For more information on this position please contact Langley Search
You can shortlist or apply for the position using the links in the options column.
*You must register with Langley Search prior to application and upload a copy of your CV with the application.